The Texas Adventure and Survival Schools two-day Basic Survival and Bushcraft Skills Course focuses on teaching the basic foundations of survival and bushcraft skills, such as:
- Land Navigation – we teach students how to find grid references (both four and six figures) on a map and use a compass to take a map and land azimuth.
- Emergency Signals – describe what emergency distress signals are, how they are used, and when to use them. We also cover search patterns and other key information for distress signals.
- Setting-up Camp – this section of the course teaches students how to correctly select a campsite and how to ensure a proper layout of the campsite.
- Immediate Actions Drills in a Survival Situation – what you should do if you are in a survival situation.
- Basic Shelter Building – how to construct a basic shelter, using either a tarp and/or shelter sheet with para cord and bungees.
- And much more – we also cover a wide range of other subjects.
The cost of the course covers the instructors time and rental of the location. All students will be expected to provide your own food and most of the equipment required for the course (full details sent in the course welcome pack after purchase). The price of the course is per person. However, we do offer group discounts and discounts to active duty, veterans, and first responders. Please contact us for more details.